The Israeli desert affords endless adventures: hidden canyons and springs, oases, and water cisterns. Camel-riding, jeep tours, biking, Bedouin feasts, dune-sliding and bathing in the Dead Sea are just a few of the options for touring and exploring the special Israeli desert.
- Dead Sea: Ein Gedi and Nahal Tamar Canyon
- Camel Riding
- Makhtesh Ramon: Visitors' Center and Jeep Tour in the Crater
- Biking and the Vast Sand Dunes
Meet your guide at the airport or at the hotel for briefing and receipt of the GPS kit.
Drive from Tel Aviv to the Ein Gedi Reserve near the Dead Sea. Commence hiking in the only nature reserve in the desert that has running water throughout the year. The reserve is home to a great variety of animals such as: ibex, rock hyraxes, foxes, jackals and more. Overnight at Ein Gedi.
- Drive to Ein Gedi Reserve
- Hike in the Ein Gedi Reserve which abounds in hiking paths of different lengths.
- Meet the ibex, a species typical of the Negev and Judean Deserts
A short drive will bring us to one of the desert canyons. Descend the canyon into the dry riverbed by foot aided by built- in ladders and ropes. Enjoy the afternoon by on the beach of the Dead Sea. Overnight at Ein Gedi.
- Nahal Tamar Canyon
- Descend dry waterfalls 10 to 25 m. high
- View over the Dead Sea and the Moab Mountains
- Bathing in the Dead Sea.
Leave the Judean Desert and drive to the Negev. Arrive at a camel ranch, and after a short explanation, enjoy camel riding. Resume driving for a visit to one of the scattered private farms in the Negev and listen to its story. Towards evening, arrive at the Bedouin tent, enjoy a traditional Bedouin feast(“hafla”) together with tales told around a campfire. Overnight in a Bedouin tent.
- Camel riding
- Visit an isolated private farm in the Negev, based on desert agriculture.
- Arrival at a Bedouin camp.
- Bedouin “hafla” and campfire.
A short drive will bring us to Mitzpe Ramon and the Visitors’ Center on the brinks of the Ramon Crater. After a breathtaking view over the crater, meet our jeep driver and leave for a half-day desert safari in Makhtesh Ramon. We will wrap up the day by walking along the edges of the crater and the Gamal Mountain. Overnight in Mitzpe Ramon.
- Mitzpe Ramon, highest town in the Negev
- A jeep tour in Makhtesh Ramon
- Evening walk on the brinks of Makhtesh Ramon-the largest geological crater in the world.
- The Gamal Mountain
Drive from Mitzpe Ramon to Nitzana, to pick up our bicycles. Following a short safety briefing, commence biking in the desert. Arrive at the monument of peace between Israel and Egypt, proceed to ancient Tel Nitzana and the ruins of the Turkish railroad station. Conclude this biking adventure in the desert with the thrill of sandboarding down one of the huge sand dunes of Nahal Lavan.
- Biking in Nitzana
- Monument of peace and an outlook over the Israel- Egypt border.
- Sandboarding down a huge sand dune.
- Return to Tel Aviv
Your Contact person from MEDRAFT staff will meet you at the airport upon arrival or at your hotel
Assistance and briefing at the airport or at the hotel upon arrival
Virtual guide kit which includes: Maps, vouchers and a tablet loaded with the maps and GPS orientation of the itinerary with virtual guiding at all the sites and points of interest.
Accommodation - 4 hotel nights including daily breakfast in good tourist/first class hotels according to your choice, + one night Bedouin Tent
Rented car –intermediate category - Mazda 3 or similar (upgrade at your choice)
Attractions: Ein-Gedi Nature Reserve, Massada Fortress, camel ride, jeep tour, bike ride.
One dinner in restaurant, one lunch Bedouin Hafla
entrance fees and activities not mentioned above